Chef Thierry’s Classic Chocolate Truffles Recipe
TOTAL TIME: 30 min. | MAKES: 50 - 10g truffles
350g dark chocolate
150g butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract, preferably Mexican or Madagascan
1. Divide chocolate into three equal parts. Place two parts into a microwavable bowl. Microwave for short, 15-second spurts, until melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate.
2. Add the rest of the chocolate, stirring until melted.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk butter until fluffy. Slowly add the chocolate mixture until it becomes light brown and creamy. Add the vanilla.
4. Attach a medium nozzle to a piping bag, and scoop the mixture into the bag.
5. On a baking tray lined with wax paper, squeeze out a small portion of the mixture until it forms an even ball. Repeat in a line. Set tray in the fridge for 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile melt another 100g of chocolate for the coating, using the method above.
7. Using a dipping fork (a special fork for chocolate), dunk one ball at a time into the hot chocolate. Place onto a plate filled with a high-percentage cocoa powder and roll until evenly dusted.
8. Repeat until mixture is used up.
9. Once cooled, carefully remove each truffle from the plate, using the dipping fork. Place in a paper petit-four case.
Or you can just enjoy our Signature Truffle Assortments...