Godiva Truffle Lava Cake recipe
PREPARATION: 15 MINUTES + 12-14 minutes baking time
10 tablespoons unsalted butter (plus about 2 tablespoons for the ramekins)
2 ½ teaspoons white sugar (plus about 2 tablespoons for the ramekins)
2 GODIVA 72% Dark Chocolate Tablets (200g), finely chopped
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups powdered sugar (plus extra for garnish, if desired)
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 GODIVA Truffles (we suggest Dark Chocolate Truffles)
1. PREHEAT the oven to 400°F
2. Grease each ramekin with 1 tsp butter. Sprinkle each with 1 tsp of white sugar, and rotate to evenly coat the bottoms and sides. Gently, tap each ramekin to remove excess sugar.
3. Cut remaining 10 Tbsps of unsalted butter into 5 chunks. In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine butter and GODIVA 72% Dark Chocolate Tablet. Stir frequently until melted and smooth. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
4. Whisk the all-purpose flour, remaining 2 ½ tsps white sugar, powdered sugar, eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla extract in a bowl until creamy and all lumps are gone. Whisk in the melted chocolate and butter mixture.
5. Fill the prepared ramekins a little more than half way and place one GODIVA Truffle into each. Cover with the remaining cake batter until each ramekin is 2/3 to ¾ full.
6. Space out the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake until the tops are stiff and the edges darken, about 12 to 14 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool, about 5 minutes.
7. Holding hot ramekins with a towel, loosen the cake edges with a small paring knife, then invert cakes onto plates. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired, and serve immediately.