Godiva’s Chocolate Challenge 2015: The race is on!
The race is on. With only 2 weeks to go, time is running out to pit your chocolate creation against the best of the rest that Britain has to offer. From what we’ve seen so far, chocolate is being melted, manipulated and mastered across the nation and we’ve been impressed by the skills and creativity demonstrated. We can’t wait to dig in!
With a 5* luxury weekend in Brussels at stake and entries flying in, the competition’s intensifying and we can no longer resist sharing with you our final, mystery judge of 2015…
We are thrilled to announce that Gizzi Erskine, trained chef and food writer, will be joining our esteemed judging panel, tasked with crowning the Godiva Chocolate Challenge winner.
Someone’s got to do it…and we’re honoured that Gizzi has stepped into the breach to join Mark Hix, William Sitwell and our head chocolatier Jean Apostolou.
From a shortlist of ten, the top four will be invited to exhibit their creations at the live final, held at the Alno Store in London on Tuesday 13th October whereupon our judges will decide the winner.
All four finalists will win a 5* luxury weekend to the chocolate capital of the world, Brussels, with the winner also visiting Godiva’s Atelier of Chocolate Innovation. Furthermore, the winning dessert will take pride of place on the menu for a whole week at the exclusive restaurant HIX Soho.
Oh and…don’t forget the ‘Touch of Pink’. With 10% of future Mousse Meringue sales in the UK being donated to the Breast Cancer Now charity, we’d like to tie in the theme with our competition and all recipes must include chocolate, meringue and yes…a touch of pink.
Competition now closed
Entrants must invent a recipe for a chocolate dessert and submit this electronically to Godiva along with a completed entry form, with details of their first name, surname and email address, a large photo of the finished dish in landscape format and full recipe details (including title of recipe, preparation time, cooking time, number of servings, ingredients and their quantities and complete recipe method).
Good Luck !
Terms and Conditions:
- The competition is open to UK residents over the age of 18, with the exception of Godiva employees, or any employees of the companies for which Godiva operates the competition or anyone else connected to the competition.
- No purchase is necessary for entry to the competition.
- One entry per person.
- All recipes submitted must be the entrant’s own original work.
- Any information submitted must be personal, previously unpublished, the work of the entrant, not copied and related specifically to the entrant. The recipe and any other information or material submitted to Godiva must be true and not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. Godiva reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove such information.
- To enter the competition, entrants must invent a recipe for a chocolate dessert and submit this electronically to Godiva along with a completed entry form (which is available online), with details of their first name, surname and email address, a large photo of the finished dish in landscape format and full recipe details (including title of recipe, preparation time, cooking time, number of servings, ingredients and their quantities and complete recipe method).
- The final date for entry is September 30th 2015. After this date, entries will not be permitted.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries received and proof of emailing will not be accepted as proof of delivery or receipt. No applications will be accepted by agents, in bulk or from third parties.
- Four finalists will be selected based on the originality and creativity of the dessert.
- Finalists will be notified by phone or email within 24 hours of the closing date for entries.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that the contact details and email address held by Godiva are valid and correct.
- By entering into the competition you agree to and license:
- the reproduction and use by Godiva of your photo and photos of the finished dessert and the recipe in Godiva’s publicity material and on its website and in all social media channels; and
- the inclusion of the dessert on the menu at, and the reproduction and use of the recipe by, HIX restaurant Soho, London for one week, starting on a date to be agreed by Godiva and HIX restaurant, and subject to any alterations to the recipe that HIX restaurant may deem appropriate in its absolute discretion.
- Finalists must travel to London on October 13th 2015 in order to participate in the final. At the final, each of the finalists shall be required to prepare the dish which they have created. The winner will be chosen by Godiva’s panel of judges based on the originality, creativity and taste of the dessert..
- After taking part in the final, each of the finalists (including the winner) will receive: (i) a pair of return Business Premier Class Eurostar tickets from London St Pancras to Brussels; (ii) one night’s accommodation in a 5* or equivalent hotel for 2 people sharing one room; and (iii) £500 spending money. The Eurostar tickets and hotel shall be booked by Godiva as agent for each of the finalists and each of the finalists shall be bound by any terms and conditions imposed by Eurostar or the hotel provider.
- The prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable and there are no cash or credit alternatives available.
- Finalists must claim their trip to Brussels within 90 days of the final, and travel on dates agreed between them and Godiva.
- All decisions of Godiva are final in relation to any result, dispute, prize or competition. Godiva reserves the right at any time to remove any entry from the competition, suspend the competition entirely or limit the number of entries.
- The promoter of the competition is Godiva UK Limited with company number 00356451 of 141 Regent Street, London W1B 4JA.