Make Anoop Momi's dessert 'Nuts about Cherry' - Godiva Chocolate Challenge 2015 finalist.
Alhambra chocolate sponge
200g whole eggs (4)
50g egg yolks (2)
80g caster sugar
25g plain flour
20g cocoa powder
100g unsalted butter (melted)
1. Preheat oven to 190C
2. Whisk eggs and sugar over a bain-marie to 37C. Remove from the pan of water and whisk till it reaches the ribbon stage consistency
3. Sieve dry ingredients and fold into sabayon using a spatula
4. Once the mixture is almost completely incorporated, remove 2 large scoops of the mixture, and work into melted butter
5. Add butter mixture to sabayon mixture and mix until smooth.
6. Pour onto a non stick baking mat (30cm x 40cm) and bake for 15 minutes.
Pistachio macaron base:
190g egg whites (6 eggs)
150g caster sugar
75g pistachio paste (66g ground pistachios combined with 15ml groundnut oil)
40g plain flour
115g icing sugar
115g ground almonds
1. Preheat oven to 190C
2. Whisk egg whites in a stainless steel bowl, gradually adding caster sugar, till it reaches the consistency of a soft peak meringue
3. Sieve the dry ingredients, and fold into the meringue mixture.
4. Spread mixture over a 30cm x 40cm baking sheet, and rest for 5 mins
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes
150g white chocolate
22g unsalted butter
5g muscovado sugar
60ml whipping cream
several Morello cherries
1.Add Kirsch and cherries, to a saucepan with the whipping cream and bring to a boil
2. Melt chocolate over a bain marie.
3. Remove cherries from cooled cream mixture, and pour into the melted chocolate. Combine thoroughly
4. Incorporate butter into mixture, and place in the fridge to set
60g granulated sugar
1. Heat oven to 190C. Roast pistachios for 5 mins
2. Remove, and combine with sugar and Kirsch
3. Place back in the oven, and roast for a further 12-15 minutes.
4. Remove and cool
150g dark chocolate
1. Temper chocolate, and pour onto acetate sheet. Spread into a very fine layer
2. Wait till semi-set, and score rectangular shapes (3cm x 9cm)
3. Wait till cooled, and cut out shapes
50g caster sugar
Zest of half a lemon
1tsp vanilla paste
1. Place water, sugar and lemon in a saucepan. Boil and cook for 3 minutes
2. Once cooled, add Kirsch
1. Cut both sets of sponge into 16 pieces, measuring 3cm x 9cm
2. Place pistachio biscuit macaron pieces on a tray.
3. Place ganache in a piping bag and pipe a small amount on each piece of macaron
4. Brush the pieces of chocolate sponge with the cherry syrup. Place on top of the pistachio macaron base
5. Pipe a small amount onto the chocolate sponge, and place a chocolate rectangle on each one.
6. Pipe 2 rows of 6 bulbs pf cherry ganache onto each chocolate rectangle. Place in fridge to set for 10 mins
7. Top with another chocolate rectangle.
8. Finish with quarters of kirsch soaked Morello cherries and the crystallised pistachios